If you grow dahlias, you need to know about Dahlia Virus(es) and how to control their spread. This week we chat about
- What Dahlia Virus (es) are
- How to recognize if your dahlias are infected
- Really useful down-loadable documents available free on the American Dahlia Society web page and the Washington State University web page
- The two most important things you can do to help prevent the spread of dahlia virus on your own farm and to others- those being
1. If in doubt, throw them out.
2. Clean in between.
We want to sincerely thank Dr. Hannu Pappu for discussing his research with us and the American Dahlia Society for their most informative webpage. Here are the links to the information we discussed in this episode:
- Super helpful, free, downloadable pictorial guide of the symptoms of dahlia virus published by the American Dahlia Society: Pictorial Guide to Symptoms and Diagnoses
- The free downloadable guide on to how to clean your tools and hands properly to prevent the spread of dahlia viruses (from the American Dahlia Society): How to "Clean in Between"
- Answers to some common questions that we might not have answered on our podcast (from the American Dahlia Society): FAQs on Dahlia Virus
- Pretty much everything you wanted to know about dahlias can be found on the American Dahlia Society's fabulous webpage at American Dahlia Society. The section of their website devoted to the dahlia virus can be found at ADS webpage section on virus .
- The Washington State University Web Page with lots of information on dahlia virus and how to prevent its spread can be found on their excellent website at https://dahlia.wsu.edu/
Our theme music was composed and performed by Heather's son Callum, and the challenging job of audio editing was completed by the brilliant Laura Eccleston.