Adyashanti is a renowned and gifted spiritual teacher. He's written many books, hosts meditation retreats and speaks around the world to large audiences at a time. With such a wide audience, it's amazing that when you experience Adya's teaching, it's as if he's speaking directly to you - to your very heart. Whatever your experience with or preconceived notions of spiritual awakening, allow yourself to re-engage with the idea through this interview. As you turn the inquiry towards yourself this time, you may be surprised, moved and/or transformed by what you find - if you are brutally honest in the process.
Visit oneyoufeed.net/transform to learn more about our personal transformation program.
In This Interview, Adyashanti and I Discuss...
- Starting with I am not _____
- Starting with all inclusiveness - I am _____
- Being open to being wrong about things
- Experiencing an "uncaused" sense of well being
- Self-transcendent values
- It works best in life to ______
- When you have less internal conflict you treat the world in a different way than if you have more internal conflict
- Removing the religious and cultural compass removes the moral north star
- We reorient ourselves to comfort being the north star
- Nothing mattering AND everything mattering
- That Adya is oriented towards truth and love
- Activities are neutral - it's what we bring to it that gives it meaning
- What is it about awakening that you want?
- What is meaningful moment to moment and day by day
- At every moment, we are giving expression to what we value
- How nothing shuts down awakening faster than judgment
- The spiritual persona of "I'm going to get out of this human game" or "I'm going to be here but not really be here"
- The importance of coming to grips with the human experience of imperfection...
- ...without turning it into an excuse for unwise behavior
- Be aware of your human limitations and don't see them as "wrong"
- The problematic experience of existential unworthiness
- The economic catastrophe of a collective human awakening