Enjoyment may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about work, but it’s a critical ingredient to building a thriving team. In order for each person to flourish, they need feel a bit of joy in the work they do, the team they do it with and the environment in which they do it.
Get the free mini-guide to increasing the enjoyment in your team.
Join the Modern Manager community to get the full guide to bring more joy into your workplace and many more resources to support your learning journey.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get episodes, articles and mini-guides delivered to your inbox.
Read the article based on this episode: A New Recipe for Success: Enjoyment at Work
- Help people find the right balance their skills with the amount of challenge in their work.
- Kim Scott, in her book, Radical Candor, defines 'rockstars' and 'superstars' as two different mindsets on what a person wants out of their job and career growth. Matching the role's demands to the person's desires will increase their enjoyment.
- Help each person see the meaning and purpose of their work. Link the individual's work to the team's success and the organization's success and mission.
- Encourage more fun in the workplace. Having moments of fun can build bonds, lighten the mood, and reduce stress.
- Provide autonomy and generate buy-in. It's funny how we can enjoy or dread the same activity based on whether it feels like our choice to do it.
Get it touch! Email me at email@example.com