Science has shown us again and again: humans are a direct product of our environment, and this is especially true for children. They are particularly susceptible to influence during their developmental years, which is exactly what makes parenting both the most important job and the most difficult job.
I know this to be true, because it has taken me years of reflection and self-awareness to unlearn some of the patterns and beliefs that I absorbed during my own childhood. And while I know there is no such thing as a perfect parent, I do my best to instill my children with principles of love, confidence, and of course, health.
On today’s show, I’m joined by a special guest, my youngest son Braden. You’ll hear his seven-year old perspective on health, wellness, and gratitude (and of course LEGOs!) I’m also sharing my experience of building a culture of health in my own family. You’ll learn some of the most important insights I’ve learned as a parent, and why creating a conscious environment for your family can be so powerful.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What it means to create a template for your children.
- The importance of conscious parenting.
- Why being present is one of the best gifts you can give your children.
- How to find balance between having control and letting kids have experiences.
- Why being an attentive parent is so crucial.
- The details of Braden’s morning routine.
- A list of Braden’s favorite foods.
- Why failure is an important part of learning and growing.
- The importance of drinking water for overall body function.
- Two of Braden’s favorite activities for strengthening his brain.
- How to create structure despite having a busy schedule.
- The power of a consistent nighttime routine.
- What it means to be a benevolent dictator in your household.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Transformationalnutrition.com/model⇐ Take the ITN assessment!
- Easemagnesium.com/model⇐ Get an exclusive 15% here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!