Have you ever made a huge New Year’s Resolution, and then crashed and burned because the challenge was too overwhelming? I’m all for dreaming big, but if your method for reaching your goals isn’t realistic, you’re just setting yourself up for failure and disappointment.
But what would happen if you simply committed to getting 1% better every day? Whether it be in your personal development, training, or relationships, small consistent improvements are what bring lasting results. Change isn’t typically an overnight 360-degree pivot, it’s learning and incorporating new behaviors, habits, and mindsets over time.
If there’s anyone on the planet that knows what it takes to put in that effort day-after-day, it’s one of my heroes—Ozzie Smith. Ozzie is a Hall of Fame MLB baseball player who is known as one of the greatest defensive shortstops of all time. Not only has he won countless awards and redefined his position, but he is also a stand-up human being and an incredible example of what it means to set yourself up for success.
On today’s show, Ozzie is sharing the details of his storied and illustrious career with the San Diego Padres and St. Louis Cardinals. When you hear his story, I know you’ll be inspired by his accomplishments, outlook, and humility. This episode is not only an opportunity to get to know more about a living legend, but you’ll also walk away with inspiration on giving 100% effort, making a difference, and how to truly strive for greatness.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why hard work and effortlead to results.
- How to prepare yourself for opportunities to arise (even when you’re discouraged!)
- The importance of continuing to improve, even incrementally.
- How surrounding yourself with positive individuals can change your thoughts.
- The importance of protecting your energy.
- How your subconscious can easily become distracted.
- What it truly meansto be great, and how to measure success.
- How Ozzie Smith earned the nickname “The Wizard.”
- Why even small interactions can make a huge impacton the people you encounter.
- What it means to be a one-dimensional player, and how it has changed generationally.
- How weight training changed Ozzie’s health and prolonged his career.
- The role that nutrition plays in recovery, performance, and life in general.
- What Ozzie defines as his greatest accomplishmentin baseball.
- Why giving 100% is so important (no matter your goal!)
- The story behind Ozzie’s iconic 1985 home-run.
- How giving back and strengthening your community can create change.
- What the greatest asset in the worldis.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Connect with Ozzie Smith Website/ Twitter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!