You can gain just as much weight eating gluten-free cupcakes as you do eating gluten-filled cupcakes.
We don’t want the latest marketing trend to be the demise of your health and fitness goals. Though many gluten-free efforts mean well, as with anything, marketers can really mess things up. They’ll take a good wholesome idea and you turn it into a tactic.
Gluten-free options came into play to enable folks with gluten sensitivities to still enjoy some of their favorite comfort foods. Then more gluten-free options hit the market to meet the demand of people finding out the big potential downsides of eating gluten. The next thing you know there’s a gluten-free label slapped on everything from soups, to salads, to potato chips, and pizza. I think I even saw someone sipping a gluten-free bottle of water the other day.
You’re about to get an in-depth look at the gluten-free phenomenon (and where our initial good intentions may have gotten off track). Plus, we’re covering some of the basics of the If It Fits Your Macros movement that’s hotter than men’s rompers right now.
It’s said that many things come into our lives for a reason, a season, of for a lifetime. When it comes to diet and nutrition we have to be able to roll with the punches and identify which thing is which. Today is all about adding more tools to your superhero utility belt to make the best decisions for yourself and the people you care about. Just click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you'll discover:
- Why reviewing something multiple times can be so powerful.
- The benefits and potential downside of following IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros).
- The #1 component of any successful diet (this is important!).
- How the glycemic index of your meal affects your satiety hormones.
- Why relationships can go sour because of dieting drama.
- How micronutrient ratios play into satiation and long-term diet success.
- How a protein-centric breakfast vs. a carb-centric breakfast can affect your body weight.
- The interesting impact that removing gluten has on non-celiac test subjects.
- Why wheat is able to affect our brains so easily.
- What’s actually in wheat that causes many of the health problems seen today.
- The 6 big reasons why eating gluten-free can be dangerous.
- How quickly a fast food diet can negatively impact your gut microbiome.
- Why resistant starch is a critical part of optimal human nutrition.
- Why an actual behavior change is foundational for recovering and improving our health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- The Dangers of Eating Gluten-Free - Episode 27
- Lose The Wheat And Lose The Weight - With Dr. William Davis - Episode 95
- The Hashimoto's Protocol - With Dr. Izabella Wentz - Episode 220
- GI Testing And Balance Protocol - With Dr. Anthony Beck - Episode 171
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!