When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap. That’s how it goes, right?
More and more today, napping is being considered acceptable by societal standards. There was a time when being caught “sleeping on the job” was frowned upon. Now, today, innovative companies like Google actually encourage their employees to nap if they feel the desire to. The results?...
Higher employee work output, higher levels of job satisfaction, and lower levels of stress. Can a good nap do all of that? Well, maybe.
One thing for certain is that simply having the ability to catch a few z’s during the day is comforting. Life happens, and even the tough get sleepy. But, as you’ll discover in this episode, you don’t want to let the smooth nap fool you.
There is a lot more to napping than meets the eye. Also, there is a growing amount of national sleep deficit that we are currently trying to find a way to pay off. The need for a nap might just be a symptom of a bigger issue… and all of that we’ll be rolling the covers back on today.
Plus, no one knows the seduction of a good nap like the folks who have small children. In this episode we’re going to provide some crucial insights to help parents (and their kids) to sleep better at night. Let’s do this!
In this episode you'll discover:
- Which medicinal mushroom is clinically proven to enhance deep sleep.
- What the 2 different types of sleep debt are.
- How time at a casino caused me to take a major mortgage on sleep.
- Which health problems are associated with even a small amount of sleep debt.
- What just one week of sleep debt can do to your testosterone.
- How sleep debt affects weight loss.
- Practical tips to help you prevent sleep debt in the first place.
- What the best form of melatonin is (and the optimal way to utilize it!).
- How sleep debt influences your food choices.
- What the underlying reasons for napping are (this might surprise you!).
- Whether or not naps help you to recover from prolonged sleep debt.
- What the optimal amount of time for a nap should be (more than meets the eye!).
- How a certain type of nap can influence your memory.
- When the best time of day to take a nap is.
- Whether or not you release enough melatonin during the day for better sleep.
- The differences between monophasic, biphasic, and polyphasic sleep.
- The major keys to making biphasic sleep work for you (if you choose).
- Why the time you go to bed matters.
- What it really means to sleep like a baby.
- The most important factors to helping your small children sleep through the night.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- How Your Sleep Life Impacts Your Sex Life - Episode 187
- Discover Your Chronotype with guest Dr. Breus - Episode 175
- Talks At Google - Shawn Stevenson
- Sleep Smarter ⇐ Get the international bestselling book right here!
- Master Your Mindset with Eric Thomas - Episode 120
- Death Of The Dad Bod - Secrets To Success Podcast
- Evening Routines That Enhance Sleep And Accelerate Fat Loss - Episode 216
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!