Nutrition isn't just about what you eat.
Sure, the food you eat gives you nourishment, but the things you drink, the things you put on your skin, the sunlight you receive, the movement you engage in, and many other factors all add to how you "feed" yourself on a daily basis.
Recently we've discovered in science that one of the the most critical nutrients for human health is bioavailable magnesium. We've also discovered that the best way to get it is not by eating common foods or oral supplementation.
Magnesium is responsible for over 300 biochemical processes within the human body. That means that there are over 300 things that your body can't do, or can't do sufficiently, when you're deficient in this key mineral.
The big problem is, upwards of 80 percent of the population is deficient in magnesium. And, according to our guest, upwards of 100 percent of people are deficient if they are not actively doing things to get their magnesium levels up.
Our guest today is Ian Clark, and he is one of the foremost experts in the world on magnesium, as well as many other things that create optimal health for the human body.
Ian has impacted my life personally in a powerful way. Since the very first time I used the magnesium product he pioneered many years ago, I've been using it almost every day since. It travels with me, it's by my bedside, and it has given me noticeable benefits that I would rather not live without :).
Today you're going to learn the inside scoop about magnesium supplementation, and it just might surprise you like it did me so many years ago. You're also going to learn about a superfood that might possibly be the most potent, complete source of nutrition in the world. Let's go!
In this episode you'll discover:
- Why understanding epigenetics is the real key to avoiding chronic illnesses.
- Why magnesium might be the most important mineral for your health.
- What incredible functions magnesium has in your body.
- How ATP - the energy currency of the human body - relies on magnesium.
- What problems may arise by taking oral magnesium supplements (you need to know this!)
- Why magnesium is so important for great sleep quality.
- The shocking facts about marine phytoplankton.
- The surprising nutrient profile found in marine phytoplankton.
- Why I don't use a multivitamin.
- How Oceans Alive marine phytoplankton is actually ALIVE.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
* Sleep Smarter
* EASE Magnesium <= Exclusive 10% off for The Model Health Show listeners!
* Marine Phytoplankton <= Exclusive 10% off for The Model Health Show listeners!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!