In this episode sponsored by The Happiness Planner I am talking with Mark Wolynn, a leading expert in the field of inherited family trauma and the author of the award winning book 't Didn't Start With You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle'. We are diving into the emerging field of psychology known as "inherited family trauma" - which is trauma that is passed down generationally and in families - and how it can influence our health, emotions, psychology, addictions, phobias and beliefs.
- How trauma can be passed down from one generation to the next
- Exploring the root of obsessive thoughts, fears, panic disorders + chronic conditions
- The science and psychology behind it all
- How trauma lives in our bodies and changes our DNA
- How Mark discovered this work in his own practice working with trauma
- Specific case studies of how ancestral trauma can affect people
- The 'Core Language' of Trauma - how it expresses itself
- How to ascertain if you have inherited trauma or early-life trauma
- How we break the cycle of inherited family trauma
- Why talking about "hard stuff" in families is ESSENTIAL
- Different types of inherited/family trauma that can manifest (including the influence of traumatic events, death, grief, periods of war or social hardship)
- Rewriting the story of trauma in our bodies and minds
TO JOIN THE 'MAKE YOUR MAGIC ACADEMY' HEAD TO:
Next LIVE ROUND is April 27th. Enrolling now.
CONNECT WITH AMY RUSHWORTH:
Book a discovery consultation for 121 mentorship: https://calendly.com/amyrushworth/40min
CONNECT WITH MARK WOLYNN:
Mark Wolynn is the director of the Family Constellation Institute in San Francisco. His book is the winner of the 2016 Nautilus Book Award in psychology, and has been translated into 19 languages. His articles have appeared in Psychology Today, Mind Body Green, MariaShriver.com, Elephant Journal and Psych Central, and his poetry has been published in The New Yorker.
Major thanks again to our amazing sponsor, The Happiness Planner! For 20% off the APP, use the code AMYRUSHWORTH.
Web app: thehappinessplanner.io
For 10% off your first purchase on the Happiness Planner please visit the Happiness Planner (thehappinessplanner.com) and use the code: AMYCONFIDENCE.