What is it going to take to build and sustain a successful ecommerce business in 2020? Is there still any hope for budding leaders who are considering launching an ecommerce business in the New Year, or is it time to consider a different industry? On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you'll hear from Scott as he opens up about his ecommerce predictions for 2020, explains how to build a thriving ecommerce business, obstacles to watch out for, and more helpful insights. You'll want to have your pen and paper ready for this informative episode!
Don't count on the old way!
The old way of building and launching an ecommerce business around a popular item like fidget spinners are quickly disappearing. As more and more people flood the ecommerce industry, many are wondering what the best way to build an ecommerce business is as we enter 2020. While Scott has his approach, the truth is - building an ecommerce business is going to take time, patience, and dedication. Are you ready to give it all you have? Tune into this episode of The Amazing Seller to learn more about Scott's tried and tested approach, you don't want to miss it!
Building a future-proof business in 2020
If you've been around the TAS community for very long, you know that Scott is passionate about helping sellers like you build out their brand and feature products on multiple channels. Why does it matter if your products are on multiple channels? Why do you need assets like email lists that are independent of Amazon? To secure a long term future for your brand! It isn't very smart to put all your eggs in the Amazon basket. Give your brand a chance to succeed and look for ways to plant seeds and build out alternative channels early in your brand, if possible. To get more info on how to future proof your brand, make sure to listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller.
Diagnostic questions to ask yourself
If you want to sell your product on Amazon in 2020, Scott has come up with several helpful questions you can ask yourself to see if you are ready. These questions are designed to help you think through your strategy and see if it is really up to par as you move into the new year.
- How do you plan to sell your product?
- How will you compete with other sellers with the same product?
- How will you drive external traffic?
Yes, Scott is giving you homework, but if you take the time to answer these questions, you'll see if you are on a strong foundation for your ecommerce business heading into 2020 or if you need to make adjustments. It's time to dig deep and plan ahead - but don't worry, you are not alone. The TAS community was designed for sellers like you who need people in their corner to keep going. Listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller as Scott expands on methods you can use to make 2020 a successful year for your ecommerce business!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [2:00] Changes in the ecommerce marketplace.
- [8:40] Why the old way of building an ecommerce business is DEAD.
- [11:50] What are you waiting for? Validate your niche market!
- [15:00] Amazon is going to make it harder for new sellers to succeed.
- [20:00] Watch out from gurus who encourage you to put all of your eggs in one basket!
- [24:00] Scott recaps his predictions for Amazon and ecommerce in 2020.
- [27:00] What does it take to succeed as an ecommerce business in 2020.
- [30:30] Key questions you need to ask yourself.
- [33:00] Why Scott is a bad teacher for people who don’t want to work or have patience.
- [39:00] Closing thoughts from Scott.