After you’ve gone through all the steps to research, source, and list your product, now it’s time to launch it and start driving sales. What is your launch strategy? How can you put your brand in the best position to succeed once you’ve gone live? On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from Scott and Chris as they go over this final part of a successful launch strategy. The guys touch on how to discount your product accurately, getting your product to rank, how many reviews you need, the difference between feedback and reviews, and so much more! If you are ready to take your brand to the next level, make sure to listen to this informative episode!
Discounting your product
As you launch your product, you want to make sure you do everything you can to put it in a position to succeed. One of the best ways to accomplish this goal is to drive sales to your listing right out of the gate. On this episode of The Amazing Seller, Scott and Chris share how sellers like you can drive sales by offering a limited time discount on your product. The guys have adapted their approach over time but the goal remains the same, discount your product in a way that brings value to your customers and drives sales. You shouldn’t be focused on making a profit at this point, a good rule of thumb is to try to at least break even. To hear the guys explain this process even further, make sure to listen to this episode!
How many reviews do you need to get started?
For a long time, the common wisdom for ecommerce sellers launching their product was to make sure that you have a ton of reviews for your product as soon as possible. Because of this common wisdom, review groups and all other ways of eliciting reviews became prevalent. Is this still the case? On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from Scott and Chris as they open up about reviews and why they don’t put a ton of stock into this line of thinking. Rather, the guys suggest that sellers like you focus on driving sales, then organic reviews will follow! There are also steps you can take to encourage your buyers to leave reviews without violating Amazon’s terms of service. Make sure to listen to this episode to hear more about this subject!
Quick Start Strategy
As you product listing gets off the ground, you want to help it along by using either PPC or sponsored ads. What is the best way to use these helpful tools for ecommerce sellers? On this episode of The Amazing Seller, Scott and Chris provide a quick start guide that will give you what you need to jump in with these tools.
- Find the top 10-20 keywords.
- Create a manual campaign with a daily ad budget of $25 a day or less.
- Let your campaign run for 7-14 days. Then download the search term report.
- Use the data from the search term report to find what keywords your buyers are using.
- Spend more on winners and cut the losers.
To hear the guys break down the quickstart guide in detail, listen to this episode to hear more! You don’t want to miss it!
Focus on where you are!
As an emerging business leader, it can be easy to get overwhelmed quickly. It’s understandable that you want to make sure that all the pieces are in place so all of your hard work pays off. But make sure you pace yourself! The last thing you need to get bogged down by the pressure to hurry up and move on to the next phase before you are ready. On this episode of The Amazing Seller, Chris provides some helpful insight that could make a huge difference to sellers like you. His advice is simple yet important, focus on where you are. Chris and Scott have lots of helpful advice to pass on, listen to this episode to hear more!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [6:00] Scott recaps the 10x10x1 strategy.
- [8:00] Chris talks about discounting your product to drive sales.
- [10:00] What does it take to get you listing to rank?
- [14:30] Do you need to get a lot of reviews for your product to succeed?
- [24:00] The difference between feedback and reviews.
- [28:00] How do you get reviews from you customers?
- [32:00] Using PPC to drive sales.
- [40:00] Quickstart Strategy for Amazon PPC or Sponsored Ads.
- [46:30] Make sure to pay attention to the search terms report!
- [54:00] Closing thoughts from Chris; focus on where you are.