Wouldn’t it be great to get insight from someone who has worked at an Amazon warehouse? How about someone who has built a thriving eCommerce business and sold it at a good profit? What if you were able to get tips and hacks on how to build a strong and valuable relationship with Chinese suppliers? Look no further! Scott’s guest on this episode of The Amazing Seller is David Bryant. He has all the above experiences to share and a lot more. This is an episode you don’t want to miss. So make the time, sit down with a pen and paper and take in all the valuable insight David has to share!
Establishing supplier relations in China
How can you get the best value out of dealing with a supplier from China? Business leader David Bryant has some great tips and hacks to share about making the right connections and getting the best deals. David highly suggests traveling to China if you can make that happen. Once there you can go to trade shows and meet many of the suppliers and establish a relationship. David says that there are many suppliers that don’t show up on Alibaba and they are eager to get new clients. The best part is because they aren’t on Alibaba your competition is very low for their business. If you can’t make it to China, David suggests looking up the suppliers that are on the list for many of the trade shows in China. Then contact those suppliers and try to establish a relationship with them. To hear David expand on these tips and so much more - listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller.
Selling your eCommerceBusiness
Starting something new can be very intimidating, it can also be exhausting. But for David Bryant, it’s exhilarating. David recently sold his eCommerce business and is gearing up for starting something brand new. He has learned the valuable lesson that his worth isn’t in his company, it’s in the skills and expertise that he has discovered in himself over the years. This realization allowed David to do what seems crazy to a lot of FBA business leaders, sell his business. David doesn't regret it for a moment. He was happy to make the deal and he’s fired up for his next project. You can learn more about David’s story on this episode of The Amazing Seller.
What is it like working in an Amazon Warehouse?
What is it like inside an Amazon warehouse? Scott’s guest, David Bryant recently sold his successful eCommerce business and decided to take the free time he had to see what it would be like to work for a seasonal position at an Amazon warehouse. He describes the process as “Seeing the sausage get made.” It was a fascinating and eye-opening experience for David. He spent his time at their “Oversize items” warehouse where he learned that Amazon has the capacity to ship just about anything regardless of size or weight. If you’d like to hear more about David’s inside look at an Amazon warehouse, make sure to catch this episode of The Amazing Seller!
The key to a successful FBA Business
What is one of the most important things you can do be successful with an FBA business? It sounds simple but David Bryant’s advice is to just get started. Don’t wait around for too long, get your feet wet! You might be really concerned about making all the right decisions - dotting your “i’s” and crossing your “t’s.” But the number one thing that is going to bring you success is getting the momentum started. David is confident that once you get that ball rolling, it will motivate you more than anything else can. So what are you waiting for? As Scott LOVES to say, TAKE ACTION!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [2:40] David Bryant joins the show.
- [4:20] David talks about his background.
- [10:00] Post college David travels to China.
- [12:30] How should someone go about finding an overseas supplier?
- [16:40] David talks about the success he found in his niche.
- [21:00] Marketing a product well.
- [23:00] David talks about setting the right price point.
- [26:00] How did David and his team roll out new products and plan for the future?
- [30:10] How do you use premium packaging when you are just testing a product?
- [32:30] How would David test 20 new units?
- [37:30] David talks about listing his company for sale.
- [41:50] How confidant is David about starting a new company from scratch?
- [45:50] How does David pick which products to pursue?
- [47:30] David talks about working for Amazon as an experiment.
- [54:20] Parting advice from David.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- David’s blog: chineeseimporting.com
- Sign up for TAS workshop - HERE
- Alibaba.com: Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers
- Google Adwords