Complexity can be simplified if you have the right tools. Scott has your back. He looks for every bit of advice, tips, scenarios, and insights that will help you excel in your business. Because of his diligence and networking abilities, Scott came across a helpful blog post from Jeff Cohen and his team. On this episode of The Amazing Seller, Scott and Jeff go over the tools you need to leverage your marketing list, how to garner reviews for your product, and how to go from good to great levels of success. You don’t want to miss this powerful and practical episode!
Imagine, you have some products that have been slow or nearly impossible to move and Amazon is letting you know that you have an increase in storage fees coming. Should you pay it? Can you liquidate it? What do you do? Jeff Cohen came across a similar scenario when he heard from one of his clients. That client proceeded to utilize “Snagshout” and successfully liquidated his product, made money, and sold additional products in the process. If you are facing a similar situation or you just want the peace of mind by having the tools necessary to tackle it if it comes up, you came to the right place!
On this episode of The Amazing Seller, Scott sits down with business leader Jeff Cohen. Part of their conversation touched on garnering reviews for Amazon products. Jeff gives some helpful tips to keep in mind when trying to accumulate a good number of reviews.
- Don’t ask for a review if the product was purchased at a very heavy discount.
- You cannot ask the buyer for a positive review.
- You cannot tell the buyer what to write in the review. No examples of a perfect review.
Listen to this episode to get more useful tips and insights from Jeff!
Sometimes the easiest solution to a lot of problems is sitting right in front of you. Why not use the tools you have and the resources at your fingertips to solve issues you run into? Jeff Cohen points out that one of the greatest advantages to building a marketing list and cultivating a brand following is leveraging that when the time comes to liquidate products. He suggests that if you need to liquidate products quickly, offer them at a great discount to your brand following. It makes them feel special and it solves your problem. It’s a win, win! To hear Jeff expand on this thought further, make sure to listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
It has been said that the enemy of doing something great isn’t doing something poorly, it’s settling for good. Where are you settling for good rather than pushing for great in your business? One area to be aware of according to Jeff Cohen is your storage fees through Amazon. He says that a lot of people focus their research and time trying to figure out how much it will cost to get their product to Amazon but less focus around how to manage their storage fees once it gets there. He is convinced that this one issue is holding a lot of business leaders back from seeing significant sales and profits. Don’t settle for good, shoot for great! Learn more from Jeff on this episode of The Amazing Seller.
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [2:45] Scott welcome Jeff Cohen to the show.
- [4:00] Jeff talks about liquidating products quickly.
- [7:00] What’s the news around the big review change?
- [10:30] Jeff’s tips about reviews.
- [15:50] What is the average return on getting reviews from giveaways with and without solicitation?
- [21:20] A strategy for liquidating products.
- [26:40] An update on “Snagshout”
- [31:00] Jeff talks about list building.
- [34:20] A special deal for TAS followers.
- [36:45] Scott stumps Jeff.
- [39:00] Jeff and Scott talk about Seller Summit.
- [44:00] One last piece of wisdom from Jeff.