Today starts our annual Patreon drive! Visit our Patreon page to become part of the incredible community that supports our work and get access to exciting bonus content and perks.
We share thoughts on a variety of international news stories including trade with China, conflict with Iran, and Russian interference in European elections. Then, we dive deep on rural infrastructure and how the lack thereof is affecting America. Outside of politics, Sarah fumes about Game of Thrones and Beth contemplates different kinds of love on her 12th anniversary.
International News Recommendations:
- Houthi Rebels in Yemen
- Four Ships Sabotaged in UAE
- US Air Carrier in the Gulf
- Russia and the European Elections
Compliment the Other Side: Democratic Lawmakers and the Death Penalty
Rural America Recommendations:
- The Hard Truths of Trying to ‘Save’ the Rural Economy
- The Opioid Epidemic in Kermit, W.Va.
- In deep-red West Virginia, Warren touts plan to fight opioid crisis
- Sanders' plan for rural America isn't much of a plan
- They Were Promised Coding Jobs in Appalachia. Now They Say It Was a Fraud.
- Kentucky’s $1.5 Billion Information Highway to Nowhere
- Why Rural America Needs Cities
- A New American Dream: The Rise of Immigrants in Rural America
- Rural America is Stranded in the Dial-Up Age
- How Rural Communities Are Embracing Immigrants and Thriving as a Result
Our book, I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening), is available! You can purchase it now - for yourself, for friends, for your representative, for your senator, for everyone! We appreciate all of you who are spreading the word about the book to your local bookstores, libraries, and social circles.