Summer is upon us and for some students, that might mean an Extended School Year services. For others, it’s wide open for other possibilities and adventure. In this episode, we discuss the various options available for you and your family to keep your child engaged and motivated throughout the summer.
For full show transcript, visit our site here.
What We Discuss:
- What is an Extended School Year and when should it be offered?
- How to deal with any regression your child might experience over the summer
- What about students who don’t get offered ESY and don’t have an IEP, how can parents help minimize regression?
- Kids can remain motivated over the summer by engaging in activities that strengthen their interests and their abilities
- What about free activities? What’s available?
- Kids learn from being around other kids
- You can find mentally stimulating activity ideas on social media platforms like Pinterest
- The positive benefits of socialization over the summer
- Why you, as a parent, should have high expectations for your child
Tustin Legacy - Sewing Camp, Junior Sewing Camp, Advanced Sewing Camp
The Discovery Cube in Santa Ana, CA
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode and believe in our message, then please help us get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play. It helps other listeners find this show.
Be sure to connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.