Although schools have made much progress with regards to understanding and accommodating children with special needs, what happens when that child wants to participate in activities outside of school? In this episode, we discuss resources, programs, and activities that exist outside of school that can help.
For full show transcript, visit our site here.
Things You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- How do we build an inclusive society for kids living with disabilities outside of school as well?
- How can you find the right non-profit organization or resources that are right for your child?
- What educational resources are available to help members of society increase their tolerance and understanding of children living with special needs?
- What can you do as a parent to teach your child to be more tolerant towards other students?
- How are these programs able to carry children into adulthood?
- Which companies help adults with special needs prepare for the workforce or help them find jobs?
- Aside from sports, where can you take your child if they are interested in the arts, music, or technology?
- How can therapy dogs help special needs kids and what type of training is available for parents regarding dog assistance?
- What are the various circumstances special needs children experience on a daily basis and how can society help them?
“Autism Speaks” commercial
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode and believe in our message, then please help us get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play. It helps other listeners find this show.
Be sure to connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.