How do you decide what to say "yes" to and what to say “no" to? And how do you say “no" in a way that doesn’t offend?
Guests on the How I Work podcast struggle with like the rest of us. They literally get hundreds of requests on their time and can’t possibly say yes to everyone. So they develop methods to make the decision-making process easier, and have specific strategies for saying no nicely.
This episode covers the following:
- Adam Grant’s strategy for prioritising requests
- The two types of requests Adam Grant loves receiving
- How Mia Freedman learnt to become great at saying no
- Mia Freedman’s rules for saying no
- Why Mia Freedman tries to say no quickly
- Rachel Botsman and the “clean” no
- How Sarah Green Carmichael frames her “no’s” when rejecting submissions to HBR
- How Nancy Duarte uses her assistant to say no.
- And much, much more!
Visit amanthaimber.com/podcast for full show notes.
Get in touch at email@example.com