Two episodes and no major battles? No major deaths? It's true, and it's glorious. "Game of Thrones" is playing the long game on a short season, showing that HBO has grown and evolved to always show the audience something better than they knew they wanted.
Season 8 Episode 2 made us throw away our notebooks and just feel along with these characters, reminding us of how much we've grown to love them over the years and how much their wholesale deaths are going to hurt.
But it wasn't all gloom and doom. Arya's secret weapon was revealed. And then ARYA was revealed, leaving us all feeling a little bit like we just watching our niece disrobe.
Ghost showed up. Jon revealed his true name to Dany, and the Night King was conspicuously absent to his own party. Plus we saw the abbreviated trial of Jaime Lannister, the knighting of Brienne, and discovered why they call Tormound "Giantsbane."
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal - https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link - https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor's Listener Survey - http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review - https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail - (914) 719-SHAT - (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media - https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast - http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song - "Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)" - Ciaran Burch