Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter Episode 84, presented for your ears in association with the multi-purposed humanoids of www.bikesocial.co.uk and Bennetts, the bike insurance experts.
And this week, Simon H and Mufga present, for your consideration:
- Moto2 testing from Jerez, and the lap record-shattering debut of Triumph’s 765 engine, plus the emerging sibling rivalry of Marquez and Rossi brothers (ish)
- MotoGP testing gossip from Jerez, including Nakagami’s pace (who?) and the size of Johann Zarco’s... task
- Lewis Hamilton testing gossip from Jerez, including how slow, or not, he is, or isn’t, on a WSB-spec Pata Yamaha R1
- the rights, and wrongs, of police officers hitting scooter-riding criminals with their cars (contentious, this), and what has all this got to do with the Met Office?
- and, speaking of teenager hoolies, a few details from the launch of Kawasaki’s Z125 and Ninja 125
Plus a selection of your amazing emails, including:
- should I sell my Ducati SportClassic to buy a new Moto Guzzi TT85?
- is PCP better value than buying a bike on a credit card and bouncing it between 0% cards for the life of the repayment?
- is a lightly tuned R1200GS likely to be as chippy as a new R1250GS?
• will JLo and Marquez pinch points off each other in 2019, making a Dovi world title more likely?
- which will be the best naked hyperbike if they end up with a racing class at World Superbike?
- what makes the Kawasaki ZX-10R the winningiest World Superbike?
Thanks for listening, please email your thoughts, musings, questions and anything else you want to us yammer about to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (record is 180 characters, so far)
or do the Twitter/Instagram thing:
And please remember to nominate, via email or the Twitter, your favourite MotoGP race from Dorna’s archive for FEC to review. If that’s actually what you want us to do.