- Name 8 non-infectious causes that may present as pneumonia
- Describe the workup for a child with suspected pneumonia?
- What are the typical causes of bacterial pneumonia and viral pneumonia in the following age groups:
- < 1 month
- 1 month – 3 months
- 3 months – 5 years
- ≥ 5 years
- What is the empiric treatment of bacterial pneumonia in these age groups for outpatients? For inpatients?
- List 8 complications of pneumonia
- List 6 criteria for admission with pneumonia
- What are three clinical complications of cystic fibrosis?
- What is the pathophysiology of CF?
- How is suspected pneumonia in a patient with CF treated?
- What is the cause of whooping cough?
- What are the stages of whooping cough?
- How is whooping cough managed?
- How is the flu shot used in the pediatric population?
- Describe common pneumonia syndromes:
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Mycoplasma pneumonia
- What is the most common bacterial infection in CF?