This episode covers Chapter 104 (or 94 in the 9th Edition) of Rosen's Emergency Medicine. If you can't get delirium versus dementia straight in your head, then this is the podcast for you!
- List the four key diagnostic criteria for delirium
- List six strong predisposing or precipitating factors for delirium
- List 15 causes of delirium
- Describe how to use a screening tool for delirium: MMSE
- List 3 potential medications used for chemical restraint
- List 2 potential side effects of Haldol administration
- Compare delirium with dementia
- List important diagnostic studies for the workup of delirium
- List four diagnostic criteria for dementia
- List 10 specific causes of reversible dementia
- List 10 causes of non-reversible dementia
- Explain how you differentiate between psychosis, delirium and dementia.
- How does Aricept work?
- Describe the pathophysiology of Alzheimer’s dz and list RFs for its development
- What is the triad of normal pressure hydrocephalus?