This episode covers Chapter 91 of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine 8th edition (or Chapter 81 of the 9th edition).
- List 10 ddx for pancreatitis
- List 10 causes of pancreatitis. Which are most common in adults? Which one is most common in pediatrics?
- Describe 6 management priorities in acute pancreatitis.
- What are the early, late and chronic complications of pancreatitis?
- Describe Ranson’s criteria and Atlanta criteria
- List causes of chronic pancreatitis. What is the best diagnostic tool? What 4 findings can be seen?
- Describe the management of chronic pancreatitis (6 priorities)?
- What is the 5 year survival of pancreatic cancer? Describe typical clinical findings. How is it diagnosed? What is the management?
- Specifically list 10 drug causes.
- List 5 causes of false-positive amylase elevation.
- List 4 peripancreatic/local complications of pancreatitis that may be visualized on CT