Today we are joined by Rachel Cargle; activist, writer, and lecturer. Her activist and academic works are rooted in providing intellectual discourse, tools, and resources that explore the intersection of race and womanhood. Rachel also created an organization called The Loveland Group, which houses multiple companies dedicated to lifelong culture, learning, and opportunity. Rachel was in town from NYC, so the girls hopped on the opportunity to spend time with Rachel in person. She is leading the movement on some incredibly issues plaguing our society. In today’s episode, we talk about what it was like for Rachel growing up in a predominantly white community, socioeconomic differences between races, and using her platform to create accessible educational lectures. Rachel shares her view on the feminist movement, how the health and wellness space reacts to her, and the way that the welfare system works. We hope this conversation inspires you to have conversations within your community, friend groups, and families—conversations that might not be comfortable but conversations that could, ultimately, change history.
We also talk about…
- Deciding to start teaching what she was learning
- Her college experience
- Where to start in order to make a difference
- Social media posting being taken down
- Rachel answers questions from Almost 30 Nation
- Example of modern day colonization
- What Rachel is excited about
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: rachelcargle.com
- Instagram: @rachel.cargle
- Read: Rachel’s Harper’s Bazaar articles ; National Seed Project White Privilege article
- Your Podcast Pro: enroll at yourpodcastpro.com
- College Tour: Email email@example.com
- Help us create a video! Call our hotline: 1-424-272-1853
- No Cow | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off and free shipping at www.nocow.com
- Thrive Market | Use code ALMOST30 to save 25% off your first order at thrivemarket.com/almost30
- Nutribullet | Use code ALMOST30 for 25% off at nutribulletbalance.com
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
- Kopari | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% your first order at koparibeauty.com
- Veggie Grill | Veggie Grill is offering and extra $10 for every $40 gift card! Head to veggiegrill.com for yours!
- BarkBox | Get 1 FREE MONTH when you subscribe to a 6 or 12 month plan barkbox.com/almost30
The Almost 30 Podcast is edited by Podcast Masters