Today we chat with a great friend of ours, Lynnette Astaire, the Founder of Superfood School. Lynnette has an incredible story and a fascinating relationship with food, a tool she’s used to overcome PCOS and radiate from the inside out.
Just as a disclaimer for this episode: we talk a lot about juice fasting, but we’re not pushing anything or suggesting anyone do a fast necessarily. Our philosophy is always do what is best for your body! But Lynette’s take on fasting and the science behind it is unique. We loved digging into the mental and spiritual awakenings she experiences during her fasts.
We talk about...
- Lynnette’s famous green juice
- The two different types of juicers
- Why the most important part of a fast is how you break it
- Lynnette’s journey with food
- An entrepreneurial Rice Krispie Treat story
- Learning how to run a franchise
- The origins of Superfood School
- Lynnette’s favorite superfoods
- What you can do to get the nutrients you need when life is just too busy
- The controversy around smoothies + juice fasting
- How to break a sugar addiction
- Impossible Burger VS Beyond Burger
- What makes a healthy snack bar?
- This cycle we call life
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more | superfoodschool.com
- Instagram | @superfoodschool_
- Facebook | facebook.com/superfoodschool
- Alterra Pure | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at alterrapure.com
- Skinny Dipped | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at skinnydipped.com
- Outdoor Voices | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first order of $100 or more at outdoorvoices.com/almost30
- Honeybook | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off the first year of Honeybook at honeybook.com
- Away | Use code ALMOST30 for $20 off a suitcase at awaytravel.com/almost30
- Organifi | This organic superfood supplement line makes quality trusted nutrition convenient and accessible. Their most popular product, GREEN JUICE, solves the problem of juicing greens ON THE GO! Just add to water, drink and let your body soak up the benefits. Because let's face it: it's a struggle to stay healthy while we're addicted to success. Use code 'ALMOST30' at for 20% off your order at organifi.com!
The Almost 30 Podcast is edited by Podcast Masters